January 30, 2008 – Comverse, the world's leading supplier of software and systems enabling network-based multimedia enhanced communication and billing services, today announced that it will be exhibiting in Mobile World Congress on February 11–14, 2008 with an innovative solution portfolio reflecting the Comverse vision for a world where people have the freedom to enjoy communication, information, entertainment and commerce at any time with ever-expanding options for social networking, communities, personalization and self-expression. Included in this portfolio of innovation is the Comverse Visual Voicemail for the iPhone which is among the finalists for a GSMA Mobile Award for Best Mobile Messaging Service.
At the show, Comverse is announcing the market introduction of its Mobile Advertising Solution, with unique approaches to offer non-intrusive advertising on many different channels of access — all on an opt-in basis — such as on ringback tones, messages, mobile avatars or banners while browsing the mobile net. Mobile Advertising is gaining in popularity as it creates new revenue models that can add significant value to virtually all aspects of operator network service.
“Comverse provides our service provider customers with an industry leading portfolio of value-added service and billing solutions,” said Andre Dahan, President and CEO of Comverse. “Our innovative solutions speak directly to the pressing challenges facing operators today to maximize revenue while personalizing the user experience, as exemplified by our new mobile advertising offering. Our visitors at Mobile World Congress will see how we support operators from service launch and beyond, continuously working toward increasing usage and revenue.”
Also at the show, Comverse is presenting its Solution Showcase featuring Visual Voicemail, Converged Billing, Instant SMS, Multi-Play service, among many others. Here is more of what visitors will gain from coming to the Comverse Solution Showcase:
- Visual Voicemail - A GSMA finalist for Best Mobile Messaging Service, this demo shows a full suite of visual voicemail solutions from the world’s leader in voicemail deployments. Visual voicemail is the most convenient way to receive voicemails – in the order you want, via the device you select. Go directly to the message you want to hear. Access may be offered from virtually any device or terminal by means of handset clients, 3G, MMS, Web and Email.
- Converged Billing - This interactive demo highlights the benefits to both operator and end-user of a family subscribed to converged billing, including the advantages of multiple identities, such as corporate, family and personal, the family account hierarchy that enables both prepaid and postpaid plans in one account, and other features that enhance the total communication lifestyle.
- Instant SMS - Enhancing the value of SMS services, Instant SMS is a next-generation mobile messaging service that enhances the existing SMS service with Instant Messaging-like capabilities, such as presence and a conversational-based messaging.
- Multi-Play - See how all operators can provide voice and messaging services across users’ PCs, home phones and mobile devices with the PC Communicator, using a unified customer interface and address book.
- Femtocell - Witness a live showcase of a femtocell solution with a GSM phone connected to a SIP-based femtocell that allows for outgoing calls to the regular telephony network with the call going through Comverse’s IMS network. This paves the way for true convergence between broadband Internet access and wireless services, while reducing infrastructure costs and ensuring network scalability.
Comverse will be located at Hall 8, Booth 8B 83. Comverse General Manager of the Messaging Group, Dror Bin, will speak about the evolution of messaging on a panel on Wednesday, February 13, from 16:15–17:45.
Read the PR on comverse.com